Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday update

Well, things have begun to really quiet down here now. The long road of recovery and adjusting is upon us. Beth's mom left earlier today and the house has become less busier. We definitely miss her support, encouragement, and love through out this time. We are finding that the morning tends to be the worst time for Beth in regards to being anxious. Thankfully, Beth will not attempt to go back to school until Wednesday and then she will only be there a half a day. She definitely misses her friends and talking on the phone with them. The one thing she has noticed is that she does get tired quickly doing that and has gotten anxious during the conversation. We haven't quite figured that out yet, but please know that if she doesn't call back, that is why. We have learned that we need to pace her day a little to moderate the activity, otherwise she is pushed and then gets anxious. She indicated to me earlier before her nap that she wanted to communicate to you all how blessed she feels by all your love and support through this ordeal in everything that you have done. Thank you as well for being gracious with us as we go through this and begin to learn how to live on this side of the hospital. No doubt, things will look different. They already do.

Please continue to pray for both of us as we do this. Please pray that I would be able to refocus back on school. I am pretty worn down right now from everything we have been through. Without going into details, please pray for my sister, Yvonne and her husband Rick. They have been through a very rough time this past week and need to be comforted with the peace that only Christ can offer them in the wake of a tragedy.

As for more practical needs...I know at some point meals would be helpful. We still have a refrigerator full of stuff from Beth's dad who went shopping for us. It may be helpful to have some one come and help me clean out the frig so we know what end is up. Visitors for Beth, we will have to moderate. I know she desperately wants to talk with friends and get reacquainted, however is learning how to limit her activities for the sake of her energy.

Again, we extend our sincere appreciation for all your help, support, and encouragement. We pray that God would continue to bless you as you have been a blessing to us. Take care and talk with you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I am glad to hear that things are getting better! We'll continue to pray!

Love.....Craig, Tracy, and Jericho

ps. What ever became of the Alabama position? We will be driving through there this summer:)

Anonymous said...

Dale, it was great seeing you all in church on Sunday! I did not get to see or talk to Beth but i was glad to see you all there! I would love to bring you a meal so let me know when a good time to do that would be!

Mayberry Family said...

I'm up for cooking whenever you need it. If you need volunteers for sorting I can do that too. Just let me know. You are both in my prayers and my thoughts daily.

Love you both,
Heather