Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Called to St. Louis but Longing to Be in Virginia....

In my last entry, I had mentioned the difficult news we have received about Angie's health. I wake up every morning and go to bed every night burdened beyond words for my best friend and her family as they face this reality in their lives. It takes everything in me to stay here in St. Louis when I want nothing more than to pack my bag and start driving home to be with her. Of course, being so teary eyed these days, I don't know if I would be of much assistance in providing an emotionally stable environment.:) So until the timing is right, I will stay here and continue to labor in prayer over her life and the lives of her husband and children.

I am very grateful for Brian's willingness to keep us updated through their blog at the following address: www.springofjoy.org. I would invite you to read it and enter into their world so that as the Lord leads you, you could know how to best care for them during this time. I know they are grateful for the love that so many have already expressed to them.

I am thankful for this season the Lord has called us to St. Louis. He has done so much on our behalf! And yet in times like these, I want nothing more than to be in Virginia. Thankfully one day in Heaven we will truly be at Home together, never to have to depart again. (and if our house is by the Davis, ours will be the messy one.) :)

7 comments:

Karen said...

hi sweet sister...as i pray for angie i will also pray for you. i know that God is doing things in both of your lives to remind you of the fact that He is in control. i hope that you will continue to trust that He knows what He's doing even when we don't. thinking of you....

Angie and Wes said...

Beth and Dale-

So sorry to hear about the hard things you are going thru. Your family is in our prayers and wish we could be in St. Louis just to give you hug! HUntsville is great, but we miss everyone in STL!
Surviving by his grace, angie james

The Crabtrees said...

Dear Beth,
I just read your entire blog from start to finish, and as I read I remember all the compassion you had for our family as we struggled. I can so relate to all you and Dale are going through, although I won't say I know how you feel...just that I understand how hard things can get. You are definitely in my prayers, and I pray soon you can look back and MARVEL at all God has done, as He sustained you and grew you. God loves you, and I believe He hurts right along with you, and He will be here to kiss away your pain, and mine and Greg's, and Angie's and all of his suffering servants, in His time. Right now, for some reason, He is allowing a time for weeping, but He PROMISES a time of rejoicing that will far exceed any weeping or sadness we endure. Hold on to Jesus with all your might. We'll be praying..please pray for us too. I hope you are doing better, and would love to talk or email w you. My email is Ccrabtree7@aol.com or Ccrabtree77@gmail.com Miss you. When I drive pass your little house up the street in Bwater I often think of you!

The Crabtrees said...

OOPs I gave the wrong email...it is Ccrabtree7@aol.com

and Ccrabtree7@gmail.com (not 77)

Tony said...

Beth, how are you doing these day? I've been thinking about you guys lately.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.