Sunday, July 20, 2008

Grateful for Answered Prayer

This Thursday, July 24th, we will be 18 weeks along in our pregnancy. The Lord has taught us so much already through these past four 1/2 months and we know this is only the beginning.:)

Once we found out we were expecting, I had to see my doctor right away due to the high risk nature of our pregnancy. It is defined as high risk due to the blood clot I had in my lung last year. When you are pregnant, your blood flow becomes thicker and so to help keep my blood thin and prevent clotting, I give myself a shot every night in my stomach. During our first ultrasound at about 5 weeks, we learned that a blood sac had formed in my uterus. This supposedly is common for women who have had some kind of blood clotting disorder. We were very concerned when the doctor discovered it because if my body did not absorb the blood sac, we could either lose the baby first trimester or eventually go into pre-term labor. God has shown us tremendous mercy as He has graciously answered prayer. At our last ultrasound at 13 weeks, the blood sac was gone! We are so grateful! This Tuesday, we will, Lord willing, find out what we are having. We are very excited and can't wait! We will certainly let you know!:) Thank you so much for all of your love and prayers. We are indebted to the Lord for His grace to us through you!

12 comments:

Angie said...

So glad ya'll are home safely. I am dying to hear if little Baby Z is a boy or girl. Remember... I pray every day for you. I loved seeing you and hugging you. Miss you too much already. A~

Brandi said...

Beth I'm so happy that things are looking good with your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl!!! And I love the way you told your hubby you were pregnant!! SO CUTE!!!

Love you girl!
B'

Susan said...

YEAH!! Praise God, I am so, so excited for you both! I can not wait to meet baby Z!

The Faircloth Five said...

congratulations, you guys!!!! i'm so happy for you two! i can't wait to hear more news tomorrow!

Tony said...

Congratulations Beth and Dale!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We are stoked for you both, and grateful to walk together through this scary/exciting time!

Scott and Elizabeth

leslie the young mother said...

Praise Him for He is Faithful!!! Can't wait to celebrate along with you through all of the coming milestones. We will continue to keep baby Z in our prayers.
much love, Leslie and Graham (baby Z's future friend, haha)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're blogging again. I will check back tomorrow for the sex......YEAH!

The Crowley's said...

I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Karen said...

Yay!!! I am so thrilled for you guys and look forward to hearing more about this little life that God has begun in your womb. Thanks for the post!

Unknown said...

Dear Beth and Dale,
How so EXCITING this time is for you both!!!! I was overjoyed to read your blog and find the good news of your pregnancy! You will both be such wonderful parents - baby Zarlenga is indeed blessed!
You will be in our prayers as these next several weeks unfold for you and the baby. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!!!!!
Congratulations!
Love
Jackie Furry

mom23 said...

Beth,
I was just jumping around blogs and I stumbled across you guys. This is Sarah (Hughes) Marchese, from years ago in Harrisonburg:) I wanted you to know that I will keep you guys in my prayers as you go through this exciting emotional roller coaster of pregnancy!!!!!! Your post about the hymn Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul reminded me of the many times I have played that song and prayed the words!!!! I read all of your posts and your testimony about all that God has brought you through and I'm amazed by your faith! Just thought I'd let you know how excited I am about your pregnancy and praying for you.
Sarah